Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Vacation Time

I am on annual leave. I actually looked forward to this. You know spend time with my mum and dad (my siblings are at school), sleep all day, etc. As soon as my leave was approved I called my mum and said I would be home on Monday. She asked why spend the weekend at Abuja and suggested I come home during the weekend. I declined.
Fast forward - Saturday dad’s bday. Mum calls to remind me as I am bad wit dates. I ask what special stuff is she making 4 daddy and she says they are waiting when I came on Monday I will cook something special. I am stunned I see my perfect vacation schedule falling apart. I try to make her see reason the bday feast should not be postponed she sees no reason.
Fast forward - Monday I was still sleeping soundly enjoyin the euphoria of my first vacation day when my phone rudely awakens me…its dad. He is shocked that I am asleep as he thot I would be on my way. He actually calls a town 45mins from home thinkin I was already there. WTF!
Same day at nite mum is naggin bout how offuneka from BBA2 deserves some money from mnet for being such a good gal (she watches only high lites so she missed finger gate- I keep mute about it) Then Dad the 60 something year old professor drops the bombshell that if he was minister 4 culture and tourism or a like one he would work hard to make sure the show is not aired. Me I am speechless. I mumble shyly bout how I really enjoyed watchin of course I fail to mention that I now bath with my pant as I am practicing 4 the next big brother.
Tuesday. A loud noise awakens me my brother who happens to be home is pumpin water, I look at the time its just 8 am.
Same day by 4 I am havin a much deserved siesta when dad barges into my room that he wants to spray insecticide. I tell him there are no mosquitoes he insists that there are. I win this battle but at a price sleep is far away.
Later in the day I am watchin Boston legal dad comes that I should come listen to 7 o clock news with him. Afta news he tells me to seriously consider lecturing. That he can call a few friends so I shld think about it- ha like I have a choice.
My mum has already bought a bucket and I mean BUCKET of butter 4 me to do all the bakin in the world she proudly announced-as if I have 4gotten our tradition of makin and distrubtin cakes/chin chin durin xmas.
People this is just day two of my leave! I am seriously considering goin bac to work, I hv no money so travellin is out of the quest.

34 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Oh my, sorry oh! This your vacation is turning into serious family business. I know what it is like to not be able to really relax.

Try and find a way to enjoy your vacation or you will return to work more stressed than when you left.
=)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

oooh, I was first
and second
yipee!

Allied said...

Eya. pele. There are just "gu gu ga ga" over you cause you just got home. You will have ur rest very soon

Writefreak said...

Aww..sorry dear, i'm sure they'll let you be and get some rest after a few days. You shouldn't have to go back to work..could you try and tell them you're on vacation cos you want to rest? Hope they'll understand that. Don't stress

Afrobabe said...

hahahhahahaha...your house reminds me of mine..the isecticide part is just the ultimate...u will be expected to sit outside with the family and talk about all that has been going on..all the while being bitten by the mosquitoes who are outside not inside the house...lol..God, now I miss home..BADLY!

Jinta said...

Anytime nostalgia overwhelms you in abj, just remember your experiences. Your parents do sound lovely though.

Abimars said...

Chin Chin!!! I know, I know of all the things to take from your post its the chin chin that stuck out for me. Does anyone know where i can get good quality chin chin in London? on second thots I'm on a diet so no don't tell me, On third thots a little won't kill me, or should I just get the recipe from you anonymous gal

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

@ solomons...tanks i hv taken to ignorin them
@allied i cant wait 4 d gu gu ga ga part to end
@white i doubt they know wat vacation means but no harm in tryin
@afro abi the mosquis are out not in.
@ Jinta abi o
@ abimars u are on a diet 4 get chin chin but if u reall y want the recipe...

For the love of me said...

this post made me miss home, you sound like a nice fun family. Enjoy the togetherness girl while you can.

UnNaked Soul said...

yours house sounds like fun... :-)

UnNaked Soul said...

**your

Onome said...

aaawwwwwww......dont worry..am sure der'll be days u'll actually groove in ur leave...take am easy dearie hope u reall do get to groove.........

Joy Akut said...

i so envy u right now, wish i could get my leave now and just drift away...i'm sure u enjoy d whole drama at home tho...
and u're dad is so right about big brother, bribe me with ur cakes and chin chin or i'll tell him about ur future BB plans, lol'

flawsandall said...

eya..your family is not giving you breathing space..seems like they are fond of you though

BOBBY said...

I dont know what it is but you are the coolest person ever! So real it hurts!

read your entire blog and i am loving it!

Jayn Sean said...

Oh My...i feel you mann! But you'll get thru it. I think they missed you so bad thats why they knockin ur head like that. Don't vex now, ehh? How often do they see you during the year?
You'll sure have your deserved rest girl, don't worry.

How are you by the way? Havent talked in a while.

Afrobabe said...

@ Abimars...chin chin full woolwich oh...including stuck fish,ugu,indomie,shaki and anything else u can think of that can make this horible weather a little more bareable.

Abimars said...

@anon gal recipe pls! thanks afrobabe will email u for details

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hope you are enjoying your vacay, girlfriend!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

@ solo i am beginin to enjoy it they are now complainn that i sleep alot.
@4 the love of me yeah family is family i will try to enjoy
@unnaked soul sure its fun if you are not the one involved
@onme tanks
@fantasy queen well now that there is no big bros in Nig your treat is empty.
@ abimars will send it 2 u asap.
@ bobby tanks im flattered.
2 zephni haha.

lulu said...

okay... i hope if i laugh i wont offend you but truly truly intersting stuff.\thanks for passing at mine

diary of a G said...

thanks for stopping by

Anonymous said...

LOL, take it easy oo

shhhh said...

eyaaaa pele dear

Ella Gregory said...

I hope you eventualy get a chance to rest and have some fun!

Unknown Blogger said...

Omo babe r u still on vacation? Update please lets hate on some people.lol

yayi said...

eeyah i feel u. am on vacation myself. will be going back home this week and am already dreading the cooking. My dad refuses to eat anybody's food as long as i am around, can u imagine? his wife is always glad to hand over the cooking spoons to me.
try and enjoy yourself , ok?
LOL @ practising to be on big brother.

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

ehhhyahhh.... abeg dont forget to bake ma own oh!

lulu said...

hope you okay, came by your blog to ask for a favour... am doingh an article 'one night stands' for a magazine that looks at women 'soul to soul sorta closure,
now all i need is some real people that have had a real experience 'one night stand thing' how they felt after, why they did it and so on... generally a whole naration, they dont have to put actual names, they could be pseudo full names but must put their age and occupation and send it to my email at leeeceee@yahoo.com.
know anyone? or you? i would be most grateful...thanks...plse pass it on, my deadline is 2morow midnight...

Allied said...

Update!!!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

@ coco well i had a lil fun
@ lulu laff all u want wat goes around comes around
@diary im on it.
@ last king tankxs.
@ unknown im workin on a Beyonce piece,
@ Yayi as if if u no dey he no dey chop.
@ sewa i am o.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

:)

yayi said...

Update!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I read through your whole blog at one stretch. Girl, you're a crazy writer!
BTW, my Dad's also a lecturer but he would be seriously against anyone of us considering lecturing.
Enjoy your vacation, I don't envy you at all!