Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend from hell

A Couple of friends and i decided to go shoe shopping on sat. we had been plannin the outing for a week and a chronic shopaholic like me was looking forward to it with glee. The rendezvous was to take place at a 11 on sat. i woke up dressed to kil i even wore heels which was unlike me as im a flat slippers gal.

Anyways i boarded a cab to hook up wit one of the shoppers who stayed within town as the shop we intended to raid was out of town. about 5 min from the said friends house i called her so that she can meet me outside- i was not in the mood to greet any elder and frankly my shoes were killin me already. She begged me to just come in to which i grudgingly accepted. i bent to force my phone into my pocket and that was when i noticed that the cab was heading straight to the pavement in the middle of the round. i looked up to warn the driver but it was to late. we climbed the pavement which on its on was high drove on it for about 15seconds then landed on the road again. i rather we remained on the pavement coz we landed on the opposite lane ie incomin traffic, right on the path of an incomin prelude. there was no were to dodge, it was a three lane road and all three lanes had cars so an impact was inevitable. let me tell u all, when u stare death in the face all that shit bout i said a quick prayer-LIE. the only think u feel fear fear fear fear FEAR. I Looked at the prelude that was speeding into us as we were speeding into it, i felt a rush i mean a huge rush of fear.from my toe to my hair. i blanked out on impact. i came thru about 10 seconds later. someone had opened my door. i noticed my possessions scattered all over the dashboard. i picked them up walked out of the car and continued walking on the road. my mind was numb my feet were wobbly. i just kept walkin. i heard pple in the background yellin at me to leave the road.some were shoutin that someone should catch me.i felt as if i walked for hours in truth i had taken a few wobbly steps when my legs gave way. 2 men picked me up and took and took me aside. that was when the water works started. i called my friend then i did something stupid i called my mum. my mum panicked. of course i called her bawling my eyes off murmuring something bout accidents.
Physically im not hurt but 2 days later im still shocked, i kip re living the accident over and over.i kip hear the impact, i think about the fear i felt. Men i dont wish this on any person.
Im outa here.
O would u believe i still went shoe shopping. i shopped in a trance lol.

52 comments:

darkelcee said...

firstie!

Naija Chickito said...

Wow! Don't know what to say.
Thank God for safety. Ain't God awesome?

Thirty + said...

Chai na wa o, kpele, can just imagine the shock.

Is it okay that I laughed when I read that you still went shoe shopping - lmao

LG said...

dearie,Thank GOd o or wetin we for dey talk na!!may it not be our portion in Jesus name-AMEN



Gunners4eva!!!!

princesa said...

You still went shopping? I concur with that 'chronic shopaholic' tag,lol!

My dear, something similar happened to my boss last week. He had got this new driver and that was the first day the guy'd be driving him. na s this guy almost kill my boss o! He drove stright into one big culvert liek dat and the car overturned. My boss was unhurt but the car was another sight entirely. na dat day, e sack the guy one time,lol!

Enjoy ur week.

O'Dee said...

Ok d joke @ d end was good.

But girl am so glad u are okay, can't afford to loose a blogging sister.

Ur gown will turn out just fine.

darkelcee said...

haaa

pele oh, thank God you are ok.

Hope you are doing great now?

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

darky congrats on the concerted position
@ chikito yes he is
@ 30 its ok to laff at that.
@ lg wat yeye gunners.abeg let me drink water
@ thank God ur boss got out.
@ oluwa its no joke o i went shoppin
@

Stuck in my throat said...

you sef...you can be such a shangre(i shall not agree)..you still went shopping after all the drama...

Parakeet said...

You still went shopping? I cant believe you but am thankful that you didnt get off. I fell off a bike once and I was in trance just like you. pele dear.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Thank God your alright! Thats the spirit (still going shoe shopping):-)

flawsandall said...

OMG..thank God you are fine..it takes split seconds for someones life to be changed or gone..thank God for his mercies


oh...as per addict now, you still did damage to you bank account..so tell me how many shoes did you buy?

dat 1 okrika babe said...

Wow thank God you are ok o; You are strong sha after that you still had the strength to go shoe shopping.

guerreiranigeriana said...

wow...it wasn't your time and thank God...it is really terrifying to watch as you plow into an accident...i always have the luck of waking just as the impact is going to take place...glad you were able to still shop...

Edirin said...

You sef, so after all that, you still went shopping

Thank God you are okay, oh

u still went shopping

Aphrodite said...

lol@shopping in a trance.
How do you do that? Pick and pay?lol...

Glad you got out okay dear.

Afrobabe said...

Not fair, just cos I wasn't at work yday....sob sob...17th....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

For the love of me said...

Thank God you are fine. Nawaoooo

Afrobabe said...

oh dear, so glad u are ok love...but u still went shopping???? u get mental problem jare...

But kai, we thx God oh

Jayn Sean said...

Awwwww! Girl...i'm really sorry ehh?
Thank God you didnt hurt. Well..i mean physically, coz mentally you are dead. It shall be fine.
Still go for check-ups, something might have happened, God forbid! Just to make sure you know? Ever heard of internal bleeding and all?

Yeah right, i couldn't run away from the tag thing..lol..

Onome said...

oooo dear....sorry about dat.we thank God u came out uninjured....i narrowly escaped being trapped in d lift for a whole weekend..phcn took light just at the thing landed...we had to open d door with our hands....'tis truly God dat protects...(i've updated)

NikkiSab said...

OMG!!!!! U r too much...shop even after d accident? lol. Sorry wat a scary experience it must av been. Say ur prayers and pray for motorists!!! Take it easy ok dear

Ms. emmotions said...

he indeed is awesom naija chikito,

anon gal, thank God u are aiight , gosh ! u still went shoppin?

Duchess said...

awww!!!...thank God you are safe

hope you are better now?

Smaragd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smaragd said...

thank God for ur life!

Zena said...

We THANK GOD OOH!

But this babe, u still went shoe shopping?lmao only you

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Thank God nothing happened........ show us the picture(s) of the shoes now!

Flourishing Florida said...

jeez. i can imagine how u feel & felt. pele. hope u took some time off work 2 calm ur nerves. drink a lot of milk, don't go anywhere near dat area 4 a while, & get friends 2 stop talking abt d incident. 4 me, it reminds me, & unpleasantly, wot i just came out of

bumight said...

wow! thank God you are safe, the shoes u bought better be cinderella's lost glass slipper or else...

QMoney said...

Are u 4real??u went shopping in a trance so am hoping dat meant u didnt go at all??
sorry oh,thank God u are here to give us d full story but dat woulda been gangstar.........u and carl should hook up with all these una weekend drama!!av had an accident b4 so i know half d story.
sorry dear

Anonymous said...

lol u still went shoe shopping!

pele o!!u must be traumatised

EXSENO said...

So glad to hear you were not badly hurt.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

And you still went shopping? na wa for you sha. Thanks be to God.


BTW, Happy Nigerian Proclamation Day to you! Not sure what that is? Visit NIGERIAN CURIOSITY to find out.

zara (my alter ego) said...

oh dear!.. after all that u still went shoe shopping? hope it was worth it.. sorry oo.. God forbid bad thing!

Anonymous said...

Jesus thank God you survived the whole accident thing... But you went shopping??????????? i so love shoes and handbags nezxt time holla at me we go shopping...............

doll (retired blogger) said...

aw heya.....hope u are fine? Thank God for sparing your life

aloted said...

wow...men..thank God you are alive to share the testimony of his goodness...

and u still went shoe shopping...lol..u r hard core!!!

ablackjamesbond said...

You still went shopping? Wow!

Thank god u r alright though.

Sam Oracle said...

That sure was a miracle.
I'm glad you're still breathing

Buttercup said...

oh wow..thank God for His mercies...hope u r ok tho?..i know errone has said this already but i'm say it anyway, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE U WENT SHOOPPIN!!!

Afrobabe said...

Heyyyyyyyyy, not fair...we both know today is the day!!!!

The day I ALWAYS take first.... where are you???????????????

darkelcee said...

i hope you are good?

where is our monday morning post?

Take care!

NaijaScorpio said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt. Hope u went to the hospital to go get checked out.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Ha! It is well.

desperate lady said...

omg hun i'm glad ur okay..wheeew i was scared 4 a minute.......u still went shoe shopping? aint u just sum'n......

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Just checking in on ya....

Sasuke said...

My sister if God be for us no winch or devil fit gbemu oh! i rejoice with you my dear and i understand how it is when one faces the inevitable. good to still have you on this side.

I thank God for you and may such never happen again. Amen

QMoney said...

hey u,hiya doin?jus tot to check on!takia

LG said...

me too, am shecking up on u , lol!!!
shey o wa pa?

O'Dee said...

Anon Gal! not heard 4rm u this week, hope all is well.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

im backkkkkkkkkk