Monday, March 3, 2008

Why u should not lie to your boss

I read a few weeks back on jaybabes blog a joke on why u shld not lie to your boss. I took it for what it was A JOKE. That was until the events of Thursday unfolded.
To begin wit either my bosses found my blog or they really needed an admin asst coz the former one resigned I don’t know but I was transferred to head office. That means I can’t skip Friday work (though I have been coming up wit creative excuses to dodge work on Friday-im almost out so I need ideas)
Any how last Friday was Rhythm unplugged a show where all my people would perform Timaya, P2 etc. I wanted to be appropriately “HIGH” for the occasion which meant I have to start sippin wine from 5.U know if u go 4 these things sane u wont have as much fun as when u are intoxicated and having no inhibitions. Work closes at 5, I would be home by 6.bath get ready i.e. 7.no time to sip i.e. I would go for the show and not be able to scream appropriately. The show was slated 4 7. I put on my thinking cap and decided the only solution was to skip work on Friday. im entitled to 2 Fridays off 4 sch so why not skip work and school. Sounded perfect to me. I can cover up the school thing wit heavy reading. From Monday I told HR I was going to school on Friday. I then sang to all at work including the gatemen that im not comin on Friday. It was a fool proof plan. Had gotten a top ready, 4 bottom well it was btw cocolet and my nu love. My gals and I had planned to go early so we can sit in front.
Thursday came I was edgy could not wait for work to end so I could go and try my clothes again and decide on bottoms. By four I was ready to go and had started harrasin HR on the advantages of closing at four. Now HR himself stays near me kinda so he gives me a ride. Just as he was about to drop me off he casually said “enya so u will miss rhythm unplugged”. I put on my best gosh im missing up on a good thing face and said “yes, u see the disadvantages of school” whilst grinning in my mind. He was now like well he will give me the gist on Monday as he was taking his wife. I almost fainted. I mean u pple know how these shows go I could be shown on the wide screen or worst Dbanj might just ask me on stage wit him no way I could say no to that. Anyway im typing this on Friday nite by 10.00.im sure my gals and idiotic HR are havin fun. Im at home watching friends on a un high mind gosh I wish I was drunk or sumthing.
So my pple don’t ever lie to your boss. These pple have powers beyond u.

33 comments:

Afrobabe said...

I am first...unbelievable!!!

Onome said...

@afrobabe:hehehehe u go girl
@anon gal: so sorry about dat...no worry der'd be oda opportunities....

Afrobabe said...

lol...Onome alsmost....

You could have still gone for the show though...tell them school canceled so u had free time...

Onome said...

@afrobabe:lmao....na Oluwa save u(lol)

Sasuke said...

God done catch you! you wan go they do me i do you abi!lol....just when you thought you had errthing figured out. i hope say you no drink kill yourself inside house oh! lol my belle., that your oga na spoilsport.. may i never have such a boss

Naija Chickito said...

lol. OMG. So you totally missed out? School, you no go, party you miss. Too bad. At least you got to just kick back and chill at home. I'm in serious need of the kind of holiday.

hahahhaa. Sorry, you hear? hehehehe

bumight said...

you could still have gone na, all u had to do was not sit in front... or better still afrobabe's suggestion

Ms. emmotions said...

afrobabe, unbelievable? first is ur tradition gal,

@anon, sorri dear, seems like u ve been caught this time, hehehe, notfunny i know, but still cant help laughing

For the love of me said...

I had a good laugh, pele, next time justtell ur boss the truth, explain to him about the advantages of taking the day off so you can be good and ready for rythm unplugged. kidding. there'll be many others.

O'Dee said...

lol! anon dts reli sad, well now u no not 2 lie to ur boss.
Have a lvli week.

Anonymous said...

U didnt go ke? U clda claimed ur classes were cancelled...lol

eeyah!

flawsandall said...

ahh me I would have still gone oh..and covered up the lie with another lie...
lol @ "high"...whenever people in naija say I was high im thinking "Oh my God, they are smoking weed or doing drugs"..lol when people say they are high here, they mean smoking weed or some shit..

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

lol! That was a good lesson. Too funny!




NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Marleaux said...

Aww, sorry you didn't get to go. But you gotta plan something this important out; schedule a personal day.

btw, I had a coworker recently bring my blog into conversation to the bosses during a department lunch. Pissed me off. The btch did it on purpose I don't really talk to her, esp not blog talk.

Anonymous said...

I am with Afrobabe you could have gone and said the school burned down o... Sorry babes

An-Igbo-Dude said...

so u missed the show?

wickedness..

no worry, e go better. more still coming

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

@ onome im waitin 4 the oda oppurtunities.
@ afro i wish it was that easy but so sch cancelled fine come to work
@ sasuke i didnt drink o was out of it.
@ naija u hv to rob it in.
@ bumight i had to sit in front 4 dbanj to call me to dance
@ ms emotions laff o ur time is comin
@ 4 d luv of me try ur technic first
@oluwa yeap no more lies 4 me
@ omosewa hmm.hiss at boss.
@zephni high is tipsy
@solo not funny
@marleux discuss my blog? problem
@ b silent lol
@ an ibo dude wil u believe the nerotic boss did not make it again

darkelcee said...

pele dear, you will soon have another opportunity abi?

but the thing go pain you well well o. lawllllll

doll (retired blogger) said...

LMAO. u should have still gone for the show jore...wats d probability of meeting him at a show with a crowd like dat anyways

Unknown said...

HA HA HA....
kai.... i am sure the show was fun ohhh...
sorry...
oh well....

ki lon pops jare?

Joy Akut said...

OMG...sad, u should have landed there jo, wear a glassy look on your face if he sees you...i mean theres a couple of hundred people in the world who have the same features, and you'd be too high to care. deny it the next day

or theres always the option of saying our lecturer died so you came to cheer yourself up....lol

Afrobabe said...

School canceled too late to come to work!!!

Allied said...

lol.. pele..

But me, i would i gone...

U could have disguise jare.. wear wig and sunglasses..

Jayn Sean said...

Oh my God!!!! Babes you even missed the show?????

Anu boy said...

HA HA HA....
kai.... i am sure the show was fun ohhh...
sorry...
oh well....

ki lon pops jare?

na me jooooo

Simi Speaks said...

lol.. pele o jare.

but i wld hve gone to work friday, tell 'em school was cancelled, leave at 5 and still made the show for 7ish.

girllll, call us 1st next time :-)

Jinta said...

you cant win all the time

'Yar Mama said...

v. funny story

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hehehe.

guerreiranigeriana said...

that sucks!...next time, right...

soupasexy said...

LMAO...aww, sorry o! i agree with afrobabe sha.u 4 go the show, tell them say school cancell...but no worry, when i think of an excuse for getting off on friday, ill tell you..lol

kiganda skunk said...

Every dog has its day- lets hope you are not part of those dogs that have more days than others!

Oh by de way, nice blog-makes interesting read.....

Anonymous said...

Well written article.